Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Science!

I think I just might have the scoop on this one. Odious, Steve, this is for you (although Mr. P will no doubt be highly amused/appalled when he gets back from the bottom of the Grand Canyon).

Apparently, a scientific research materials company called Eppendorf has developed a line of automated pipetting systems called epMotion. And what better way to sell automated pipetting systems than making a music video with. . . a boy band?!?!

Oh yes. You have to take a look. Don't ask any questions. Just do it.

But if you insist, here's a sample of some of the lyrics:

Pipetting all those well-plates, baby,
sends your thumbs into overdrive
And spending long nights in the lab makes
it hard for your love to thrive.

CHORUS:

And it’s called epMotion
(whisper: ‘cause you deserve something really great)
Girl you need epMotion
(whisper: yeah girl it’s time to automate)
It’s got to be epMotion
(whisper: no more pipetting late at night)
Only for you epMotion
(whisper: girl this time we got it right)

DNA
RNA
Proteins
Cell Cultures
Less reagents
Faster workflow
Saves you money
Well, well, well


Well, well, well indeed.

I am waaaaay too amused by this.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I chose to cough at the end.
I like how there is a contest to see what "you would automate" and you could win a new ipod or something. I don't want to be the person sorting those entries.
I think my favorite part is the "no more pipetting late at night" -- catchy.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is hysterical! One of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Spot-on parody of those 90's Boy-bands that we all hated - with extra cheese!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Steve Bodio said...

"Late nights all alone with a test tube, oh, oh oh oh.."

8:21 PM  
Blogger Larissa said...

that was great. It looks like it was shot in San Francisco, too!
I'd put it on the level of the Jingle Cats album in regards to how warm and fuzzy it makes me feel....

3:40 PM  
Blogger jack said...

Jingle Cats. Now that's high praise indeed!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home