Wednesday, August 27, 2008

UPDATE: I was wanting to post this earlier, but didn't have my book with me. How can you translate to film this inimitable line:

Indubitably there was a sort of heavy dragging, and a most detestably sticky noise as of some fiendish and unclean species of suction.

And no, it appears that the new movie is NOT playing here (at least not presently). Probably just as well.

P.S. I also just gave Peculiar a jolly good Lovecraft line about a sunfish. Check it out.

Anyone else catch this? A new Cthulhu movie! It's simply called Cthulhu, and is loosely based on Shadow Over Innsmouth, which I was just re-reading last night. There's a gay-love subplot, apparently, and Tori Spelling's in it (no, not the title role, be nice!). I'll have to see if it's playing here. Might be worth a matinee ("If we sneak in a lot of beer," says Peculiar). Stay tuned.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just reading some Neil Gaiman and wondering what the heck a Cthulhu was...and now I know. And now I want to read some of this H. P. Lovecraft (which, sadly, was banned when I was younger...).

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home