Friday, March 19, 2004

So I work at a very strange restaurant/inn in Northern New Mexico. Every night I come home and tell my roommates stories about the surrealities of the evening. More on that later. So tonight I thought that everything would be more or less normal, we only had one table, a mother and two daughters from Miami. After two bottles of wine and a wonderful meal they were quite pleased with everything. As they were finishing up with dessert they invited the chef and I to join them. I missed the segue, but the next thing I know the mother is reading Stalker Chef's (more on that later) palm. Turns out she's clairvoyant, and have been "seeing things" since she was six or so. I was expecting something simple, like "You have a great life line," but no, this was on a completely different level. She told this guy some really personal stuff, and then proceeded to try to "open up" something in his head. It was all through a translator, going a mile a minute, so I think some stuff got lost in translation. Still, I decided I really needed to reset the dining room when she started stroking his hand, saying that he should feel warmth, and should smell smoke on his hand . . . yeah, I'm not making this up, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home